TORI

My photo
Beauty obsessed. 24. Essex.

Followers

Sunday, 17 March 2013

BENEFIT: Box O' Powders

Sugarbomb, Dallas, Hoola, 10
Bella Bamba, Hervana, Coralista, Dandelion
I've decided to post on my favourite Benefit products, the Box O' Powder's. I've got all 8 of the current ones. (Some places do still stock discontinued Thrrrob! and Georgia) They are beautiful products and Benefit usually bring out a new shade every year. This year they went for Fine One One stick cream blush instead (which I'm not a fan of). Dallas is also being discontinued and apparently being replace with something better. But I love Dallas and personally think they should just add more to their collection of blushes rather than take anymore away. And an added bonus, they smell great!

Sugarbomb
Known as the UK's best selling blusher, Sugarbomb is a gorgeous warm coraly-pink quad of colour. It goes on fairly sheer but can be built up if you, like me, love a heavy blush. I like to focus my brush on the pinkier side as I love pinks for the cheeks.

Dallas 
Dallas is a rose-brown with a tiny amount of shimmer, barely noticeable once on the skin. It is similar to that of Nars' Oasis and I was never sure I'd suit darker blushes, however, this has quickly become my favourite.
Bella Bamba
Bella Bamba is a very bright shimmery pink, beautiful on all skins tones and although not an everyday blush for me, it does look gorgeous on. (And one of the best smelling) Is comparable with Nars' Orgasm.

Hervana
Hervana is the newest of the Box O' Powder's, it came out last January (2012) and although a lovely addition to the collection, it is extremely similar to Dandelion, just slightly warmer. Still is lovely on, but will only show up on lighter skin tones.

Coralista
Coralista was my first Box O' Powder going back about three years and it's still not even got a dent in it. To be fair, it is not one of my frequently used bushes, but is still nice on the right occasion. The perfect coral for summer and a tan. 

Hoola
Another UK best seller is the bronzer in the bunch, Hoola. I have no problem with saying this is my favourite bronzer of all time and this is the one I will forever, as long as they make it, repurchase. It is a completely matte, light brown. No orange or muddyness to it, which can be the problems with plenty of bronzers out there.
Dandelion
Dandelion was another first buys for me, as you can see by the battered box and the nearly non-existent blush. But I have had it around the three year mark, so it's going well. This is the sheerest of them all, but for the paler skin tones or for the younger girls, it is the perfect shade. It is just the most gorgeous baby pink.

10
And finally, 10. It can be used in a couple different ways. You can either focus on the pink side for a highlight and then the bronze for a contour or, what I like to do, swirl my brush on both and use it as a blush on the apples of my cheeks. My bronze side is looking a bit worse for wear.

Which is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment